WHAT WE DO
1. Community Development
Community Chest engages and collaborates with organisations, concerned citizens and professionals to build resilient and responsive communities where access and opportunities to health, education and income-generation services are advanced.
Education is a lifelong experience during which people acquire skills, experience, competence and confidence. Community Chest has strategic partnerships with local, national and international partners to enhance this lifelong experience by
- advocating for quality ECD, primary, secondary and tertiary education
- creating an enabling environment by influencing policy and
- Contributing to leadership and capacity development in education.
Health Includes physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Community Chest has strategic partnerships with local, national and international partners to:
- advance access to health
- advocate for affordable quality health systems and
- promote leadership in the execution of health programmes
Key to income generation is quality education and health care, promotion of access to support services and opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship. Community Chest has strategic partnerships with local, national and international partners to:
- advance opportunities for traditional and alternative income-generating ventures,
- advocate for policies that facilitate entrepreneurship
- support organisations that focus on education, skills development and leadership.