WHO WE ARE
The Community Chest’s vision of a country where all individuals and families reach their human potential is based on the fundamentality of access to Health, Education, Income-Generation and Community Development. These 4 key strategic focus areas facilitate social change to inspire a citizenship that is active, engaged and impactful.
- We are an innovative solutions hub for all donor interest.
- We are a professional donor investment management team.
- We are experts on evaluating, monitoring and reporting of non-profits use of donor funds.
- We are experts in vetting non-profits for donor investment.
- We are experts in Capacity Building within non-profit leadership.
To improve the lives of all South Africans by mobilising the caring power of communities, business and government to advance the common good.
The Community Chest envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through access to a world class education, having income stability and by living healthy lives.
We espouse the following eight values, which we believe are crucial to achieving transformation:
- A focus on strategic Initiatives in order to shift from a culture of poverty to a culture of prosperity
- A clear Intention of our strategy and areas of engagement
- A focused strategy for our Intervention
- Purposefully designed strategies to address the ‘Power Versus Influence’ challenge that often strangles development
- The use of Intelligence in solutions, to address the issues we seek to solve
- Innovative approaches to donor fund management, which seek to go above and beyond ‘the norm’
- Quantitative measurement of the Impact of our interventions
- Integrity when dealing with donors and the community.
These eight values, which we seek to implement in all four of our focus areas, underpin our core objective – to inspire a Nation of Active Citizens.